Join The Carers Association
Purpose and Benefits of Membership
The Carers Association is the largest representative body in Ireland to advance the cause of voluntary family carers in the home. We play a lead role in informing social policy and public debate surrounding home-based family care. Our strength comes from unity in numbers as we give members a strong voice on issues directly related to the care they provide. Members receive key information pertaining to rights and entitlements, guidance and support, and a representative voice that informs Government policy and key stakeholders in the healthcare and social policy sectors.
During these tough and challenging times, the Carers Association is a united voice advocating on behalf of Ireland’s 182,000 voluntary family carers. Already represented in hundreds of communities across Ireland, the Carers Association’s membership continues working to grow stronger in empowering family carers.
- a strong representative voice that informs and influences Government policy surrounding the provision of home-based family care
- representation at Government level, the Health Service Executive, the Department of Health and the Department of Social Protection promoting carers’ interests
- opportunities for advocacy and media training to promote the aims and objectives of the Carers Association’s mission
- professionally researched advice and statistics on issues relating to care in the home
- a network of local and national support which can assist members who encounter problems or who need advice
- advocacy services in serious cases of social injustice
- membership card with access to discounts on goods and services including O2 mobile phone deal
- new discounts being added continually
- regular newsletter or e-zine providing updates on activity
New Offer for Members!